Marketing to Holiday Shoppers OnlineStand out online this holiday shopping season.
It’s that time of year again. The holiday decorations are out, and it’s not even Halloween yet. But who doesn’t love the holidays—and the convenience of shopping early? We’re talking costumes and a new string of lights for the tree all in one cart. And as marketers, we can appreciate the importance—and benefits—of extending the holiday sales cycle.
In fact, if you wait for the season to officially turn from scary to merry, you’re running behind. Your competitors have already started stuffing inboxes and seasoning search results with their latest and greatest holiday promotions.
Email inspires action
Holiday-inspired web design and in-store displays are great once your customer is on site, but how are you going to get them there? More and more, consumers are responding to email blasts. Shoppers are loving the messages almost as much as sellers love reaping the rewards.
What can email marketing do for you? Here are just a few of the benefits:
- Unparalleled return on investment: For every dollar spent on email marketing, the average return on investment is $44.25 (ExactTarget)
- Highly effective: Marketers consistently rank email as the single most effective tactic for awareness, acquisition, conversion, and retention (Gigaom Research)
- Better than social: Email conversion rates are three times higher than social media, with a 17% higher value in the conversion (McKinsey & Company)
- Loyal customers love email: 70% of people say they always open emails from their favorite companies (ExactTarget)
Make an impression with PPC
Make your brand—holiday deals and all—easy to find by showing up where your prospective customers are looking. Get your ads in front of their eyes by investing in pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns. Whether offering contextual ads through ad networks or bidding for the top spot on popular search engines, PPC serves targeted ads that will bring traffic to your site.
What can PPC do for you? Benefits include:
- Shoppers looking for local: One in three Google searches are local. Yes, 33% of Google searches are related to location (SiteWit)
- Top ads get more clicks: The top three paid ad spots get 41% of the clicks on the page (SiteWit)
- Double your investment: Businesses make an average of $2 in revenue for every dollar they spend on Adwords (SiteWit)
- Only pay for successful ads: You only pay when someone clicks on the ad (SearchEngine Land)
- Target your audience: You can reach your target customer with the right ad at the right time (SearchEngine Land)
Outstanding deals and events
The internet it teeming with holiday marketing. Stand out in the crowd—and increase your sales—by thinking outside of the gift box. In addition to your typical holiday shopping days (Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday), find not-so-typical ways to offer deals and discounts. Do your research for a little inspiration. Do you have this year’s hot holiday gifts on your website (or in store) and ready to go? Play them up with targeted messages to those most likely to buy. And don’t be afraid to help consumers find the perfect gift for everyone on their lists. Organize web pages and displays to offer shopping advice.
We can help
Sometimes WWW can seem like it stands for wild, wild west (instead of World Wide Web), but with some planning and creativity—and help from the experts at the Hattiesburg American Media Group—you can make your online holiday campaigns a winning winter wonderland.